madshi bug tracker

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0000176madVRbugpublic2014-03-10 17:552015-03-29 10:59
Assigned Tomadshi 
PlatformOSWindowsOS Version7
Summary0000176: No image on portrait (rotated) displays
DescriptionThe media player displays a black frame if it is situated on a rotated (portrait) display, both in windowed and full screen modes.
Steps To Reproduce1. Set a display to portrait mode using Windows display settings
2. Open a video file with MPC-HC
Additional InformationIf the window is dragged onto a non-rotated display, the image reappears (as long as the window remains on that display).

I have tried toggling all options in rendering->general settings in turn. This did not affect the problem.

I noticed that this was mentioned as a known issue on the forum, but did not find a corresponding entry on the bugtracker.
TagsNo tags attached.
madVR Version0.87.6
Media Player (with version info)MPC-HC 1.7.3 (cb22afa)
Splitter (with version info)any
Decoder (with version info)any
Deinterlacingauto mode
DXVA2 Scaling Activeno
Aero / Desktop CompositionOn
Problem occurs with modeall modes
GPU ManufacturerNVidia
GPU ModelGTX Titan
GPU Driver Version331.65
Attached Files

- Relationships

-  Notes
madshi (administrator)
2014-03-10 23:37

This really is a problem, yes. The Direct3D documentation suggests that rotation like this should automatically work, without me having to do anything about it. But it doesn't seem to work, really. I don't know why. Since it's supposed to work automatically, there's also no documentation about what I could possibly do wrong, or how I could fix it. Right now I don't know how to solve it. But I'll keep this bug open, since it's definitely a problem.
6233638 (reporter)
2014-04-03 06:37

I don't know if it's useful information, but playback works correctly when rotated 180°
It's only failing on 90° or 270° rotation.
madshi (administrator)
2015-03-29 10:59

I've just noticed that this problem unexpectedly seems to be fixed by some changes I've just done to my sources.

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2014-03-10 17:55 CyberShadow New Issue
2014-03-10 23:37 madshi Note Added: 0000486
2014-03-10 23:38 madshi Assigned To => madshi
2014-03-10 23:38 madshi Status new => acknowledged
2014-04-03 06:37 6233638 Note Added: 0000572
2015-03-29 10:59 madshi Note Added: 0000879
2015-03-29 10:59 madshi Status acknowledged => closed
2015-03-29 10:59 madshi Resolution open => fixed

Copyright © 2000 - 2012 MantisBT Group
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker