|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2020-02-22 02:00 CET|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0000627||madVR||bug||public||2019-11-29 19:56||2019-12-16 22:32|
|Platform||Windows 10||OS||1903||OS Version||18362.476|
|Summary||0000627: after entering fullscreen exclusive playback stops/pauses and can't resume|
|Description||This issue is more or less prevailing in each madVR version I have ever tried. |
I'm using MPC-HC since ever, the issue exist in latest versions of both.
Whenever I set automatic screenmode change and fullscreen exclusive with mode change on playback start (or player start, it doesn't really matter) playback stops and i'm unable to resume it. Play and pause buttons are inactive. MPC-HC seems to hang. I'm switching to 2160p resolutions with corresponding refresh rates. All is defined in madVR settings. I have set delay in exclusive screenmode to 3 seconds as my TV is taking long time to switch modes of operation.
Issue doesn't exist when I first switch to desired screen mode manually then start playback.
|Steps To Reproduce||1. use MPC-HC for playback with madVR used|
2. set madVR to change screenmode to allign with video
3. launch playback
4. screenmode will change but playback will stop on very first frame (or few frames further) and never resumes and i'm unable to resume
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Media Player (with version info)||MPC-HC 22.214.171.124|
|Splitter (with version info)||LAV Splitter 0.74.1.30 (MPC-HC bulit in)|
|Decoder (with version info)||LAV Video Decoder 0.74.1.30 (MPC-HC bulit in)|
|DXVA2 Scaling Active||yes|
|Aero / Desktop Composition||On|
|Problem occurs with mode||fullscreen exclusive mode|
|GPU Model||1050 Ti|
|GPU Driver Version||436.02|
|Attached Files|| madvr_1.png [^] (174,505 bytes) 2019-11-29 20:00
madvr_2.png [^] (166,674 bytes) 2019-11-29 20:00
madvr_3.png [^] (158,669 bytes) 2019-11-29 20:01
madvr_4.png [^] (204,180 bytes) 2019-11-29 20:01
madVR_debug_1-FSE.txt.zip [^] (160,368 bytes) 2019-12-02 15:17
madVR_debug_2-FSE_disabled_delay.zip [^] (2,395,965 bytes) 2019-12-02 18:54
|If there is need for more debugging, reproduction scenarios etc. i'm ready - quite power user so nothing really scares me much ;-)|
I have performed some debugging myself and the problem seems to be in the way the madVR is trying to do exclusive fullscreen mode, switch to fullscreen or some sort of interop between MPC-HC:
- when I set the player to start playback in fullscreen mode+switch screnmode when playback starts, the video starts playback, but after "initialization" it drops back to window + desktop. This causes 3 times switching the resolution: from desktop resolution 4k 60hz, to 4k 24hz, then back do desktop and if I want full screen I need to AGAIN push MPC-HC to fullscreen. My TV is switching the resolution for 3-5 seconds (Panasonic TX-50CX700E) so this is extra annoying.
- setting MPC-HC to not go to fullscreen+set madVR to switch screenmode when playback starts, ofcourse removes one mode switch, but still screen blinks during madVR init and additional action is needed from me (go fullscreen after playback start) - this is safest setting
- setting madVR to switch to matching display mode when media player goes fullscreen + set MPC-HC to go fullscreen after playback starts causes drop to desktop from fullscreen, mode swtiching many times and usually "forever pause" or black window, no video,just audio. This is worst setting to have in my scenario.
- when I set "delay playback start until render queue is full" mostly 100% of video launches with mode switching ends in "forever pause" mode. No matter what other settings are set to.
- when I set "delay switch to exclusive mode by 3 seconds" it ends in audio only video, black screen or current frame stand still. Same as above it kills playback.
I must say it is a mess. I never managed to have stable solution for this and dropped using madVR in my htpc setup.
|Have you tried using windowed mode instead of FSE? In Windows 10 fullscreen windows mode is not so bad.|
|I tried - the effect is less painful indeed but MPC-HC never enters fullscreen automatically in that mode. Despite the setting explictly set to start playback in fullscreen, It ends in a window on desktop, I need to manually go fullscreen (doubleclick, alt+enter whatever) None of the madVR settings in windowed mode caused MPC-HC to go fullscreen automatically.|
|That's weird, that seems to work for me. I also don't have the FSE problem you're reporting. Sadly, HTPCs are a mess and every user has different issues.|
|Hm, I meant "htpc" is a normal computer for home entertrainment, nothing sophisticated :) nVidia 1050Ti, Pentium G4500 Gold and B360 chipset based board. All standard. The only thing I didn't change since I had those issues is the TV and AVR receiver. Reinstalled windows number of times, I tried with 1030 card and Intel GPU with DP-> HDMI active converter (which caused separate set of problems with 4K output). What puzzles me much is why the player skips out to windowed mode no matter what. It looks like it times out waiting for TV to change display mode and skips out to "safe" mode which is desktop? Is it possible at all?|
|The PC doesn't know or care when the TV switches. That information isn't sent through HDMI.|
i had this problem too.
with pretty much the same TV TX55CXW704. pretty sure it had nothing todo with it but just saying.
there are 2 different "types" of FSE on windows now.
the normal one that allows overlays from the notification centre, game DVR, geforce experience and so much more. which could be the issue.
sou you could try getting rid of these for a test.
use with cautious:
then we have the original FSE which can be accessed by right clicking the mpc-hc64.exe -> properties -> compatibility -> disable fullscreen optimisation.
Will do some tries with FSE and disabling all overlays (I think I did but I will check again), but let's say I will stick to windowed mode - as it seems switching screen modes is the real issue here.
When video is launched via mpc-hc -> open file, it willl never get to fullscreen, it will stay on desktop I need to make it fullscreen manually, but here we will have 100% of success in playback, it will switch screenmode, etc.
When I open video via "open with" or doubleclick video icon it will go fullscreen (i see fullscreen logo of mpc-hc for a while), change screen mode and most probably:
- drop from fullscreen to mpc-hc window, but video can be played then (it will normally run)
- stay fullscreen (yay! finally!) but will not start playing automatically (why?) and here another problem branching: will end on audio only or forever pause. SOMETIMES it will just play correctly. I tried maaaaany different videos to find any common denominator, which video plays normally, which don't. I'm unable to.
Ofcourse none of the issues are here when the screenmode is already set or I don't use screenmode change feature in madVR.
> disable fullscreen optimisation
I didn't even know that one!
checked - no overlays, nvidia or Windows Game Overlay enabled. Disabled full screen optimization for mpc-hc64.exe. Same story. No change. Just to be sure, checked with FSE and windowed fullscreen. No change in behavior.
Expected behavior is:
- MPC-HC has option "start playing in fullscreen enabled"
- despite the option in madvr is set: FSE or windowed fullscreen I got video played on fullscreen :) no matter if "doublecliked" video icon, used "open with" from right click menu or "open file" in MPC.
This is something I can't achieve....
edited on: 2019-12-02 18:55
attached debug with FSE enabled, 4K HDR file opened from right click, open with. Screenmode changed, then black screen. Didn't even started and ctrl+j not able to open....
second log is with disabled delay playback until render queue is full. It gets further though not without a problems. Audio is on, video is "one frame" and debug memu pops-up.
I just wanna chime in and say I think I have the same issue.
Just built a new pc primarily for use with mpc-hc and madVR, and have been sorting through issues for two days now.
Although my issue doesn't seem to occur all of the time, more like in cycles. Last night it worked well, today i'm having issues 80-90% of the time.
I'm using the same software, and also have an nVida gpu (2070rtx).
|@kristoffer, you say "cycles" I would say bugless playing depends on if I do fresh restart of the pc or if the pc is working for a while and display is being switched to pc. Those two scenarios differ, it fail when I switch my audio receiver to pc and try to play video.|
That resembles my experience. last night for whatever reason I rebooted my pc, and it was working fine afterwards. Don't recall why I rebooted, could be when I tried to re-install mpc-hc and madVR. Today it didnt work.
Anyways, I've settled with your workaround for the time being, opening my movies in windowed mode before I go fullscreen.
If I can help with anything to figure out this bug just ask. Just tell me how and i'll provide logs and try stuff.
|2019-11-29 19:56||tomeq82||New Issue|
|2019-11-29 20:00||tomeq82||File Added: madvr_1.png|
|2019-11-29 20:00||tomeq82||File Added: madvr_2.png|
|2019-11-29 20:01||tomeq82||File Added: madvr_3.png|
|2019-11-29 20:01||tomeq82||File Added: madvr_4.png|
|2019-11-29 20:18||tomeq82||Note Added: 0002583|
|2019-12-01 17:16||tomeq82||Note Added: 0002584|
|2019-12-01 17:19||madshi||Note Added: 0002585|
|2019-12-01 18:16||tomeq82||Note Added: 0002586|
|2019-12-01 18:21||madshi||Note Added: 0002587|
|2019-12-01 18:52||tomeq82||Note Added: 0002588|
|2019-12-01 18:55||madshi||Note Added: 0002589|
|2019-12-02 00:43||huhn||Note Added: 0002590|
|2019-12-02 08:33||tomeq82||Note Added: 0002591|
|2019-12-02 09:54||madshi||Note Added: 0002592|
|2019-12-02 14:27||tomeq82||Note Added: 0002593|
|2019-12-02 15:17||tomeq82||File Added: madVR_debug_1-FSE.txt.zip|
|2019-12-02 15:18||tomeq82||Note Added: 0002594|
|2019-12-02 18:54||tomeq82||File Added: madVR_debug_2-FSE_disabled_delay.zip|
|2019-12-02 18:55||tomeq82||Note Edited: 0002594||View Revisions|
|2019-12-16 19:36||kristoffer||Note Added: 0002600|
|2019-12-16 20:27||tomeq82||Note Added: 0002601|
|2019-12-16 22:32||kristoffer||Note Added: 0002602|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2012 MantisBT Group|